Monday, July 19, 2010

Welcome to the eXtreme Innovation Manifesto

The basic recipe for innovation is well known: fresh perspectives and orthogonal thinking, a diverse team, rapid experimentation, prototyping, scale, and hire the blimp for the IPO party. What could be simpler?

As a 15-year veteran of corporate innovation and growth efforts, I've seen (and helped) this recipe get honed and optimized, and I'm deeply disappointed with the performance of the model. In conversations with successful entrepreneurs, most especially my collaborator Alberto Savoia of Google, I've become convinced that the model needs a fundamental refresh. Alberto and I have humbly summarized this approach as the eXtreme Innovation Manifesto, a powerful set of principles that challenge much of the received wisdom of how to extract maximum ROI from innovation.

We will share the Manifesto itself, examples of how the principles apply, learnings from XIM experiments underway at Google (oh, didn't I mention? Google is applying these ideas), and tools and metrics to help you liberate the innovators at your company.

So far, all I've offered is an uncommon impulse to include adverbs in my writing, but if that's enough incentive, I'd appreciate a follow of my Tweets at: @Emirger

No comments:

Post a Comment